Sunday, September 7, 2008

I got the Call




After spending most of Saturday trying to tackle the acorns in the backyard with Mike raking them into piles (I raked until I got the blister on my thumb) I would put them into my handy dandy cart shown here and dump them into the fire pit. Steve would be appalled at my manicure - you cannot pickup acorns with gloves on! After 18 carts full and a pile waist high in the pit all I could think about was the hot tub.
Actually I had my swim suit on when I got the call. Craig wanted to know if I wanted to go to the the Sox game with him, Jack and Jack's "not my girlfriend" pal Hailey Sat. night. He must of been listening at the draft last weekend when I asked him why he called everybody else except me when he had extra tickets. Don't have to ask me twice.

I had a GREAT time. It was the first time I watched a game in the cell from the outfield. It was the longest game I have ever been to (15 innings & over 4 hours) and it was the first time I got to experience a walk off to win the game. THOME!!! We walked over to "Grandstand" (my first time there too - I know hard to believe) after the game.

On the way home we went through a road check and the kids got to see 2 people get arrested. Only bad thing about the evening was the traffic home sucked - a roll over accident in the center lane.

Here are my dates for the night after the win!

1 comment:

Mich said...

Congrats on getting the call - you saw one heck of a game!!