Monday, September 22, 2008

Riding Bikes

Growing up one thing that Sharen and I loved to do was ride our tandem bike. When we got older it just made more sense to have our own bike. Here is a picture of us on one of our birthdays (We can't decide which one - maybe 20).
We both set out from our different houses and end up at the same place (Mom & Dads). That used to happen alot (Ok still does).

I have been riding my bike lately since I got my new seat size "big ass" and Sharen always talks about getting Carrie's bike out of the shed and joining me.
Don't have to worry about Carrie's old Bike - Dup went out and got Sharen a brand new Schwinn for an early birthday present. A complete surprise.... and a darn good one. Did you ever get a present that you didn't expect and you don't even care how much it cost? Well this is one of those.
We took a ride on Sunday and Mike joined us - for about 12 minutes and then he takes off down the path to St. Charles and Sharen and I just tool around the pond. TWICE!!!
We are a little slower and maybe a little more unsteady, but it's not going to stop us.
Sharen commented how much fun it is to ride a bike again and I have to agree with her. Yipeeee!

No comments: