Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Raining!!!

No not Men - Cats - or even Dogs.
Even though Gustav dumped some much needed wet stuff on us, in our neighborhood it's acorns that are falling from the sky. The talk of our subdivision is how bad this season of acorns are.
Today is Friday and I have nothing to do but Putz. (I love my putzing days). I have a newly power washed and stained back deck, but I can't even use it. Or maybe I could but I would be taking my life into my hands or at least have to explain the tiny bruises I would get from the acorns. Just sitting in the family room and listen to the acorns hitting the roof you know that winter can't be soon far behind. The squirrels are having a good time - plenty of food.
I braved the onslaught to get you an idea of just how bad they are. Here is a picture of the result of just 2 days of droppings.

This reminds me of an extra credit question on a test in my favorite subject in High School.
What did the acorn say when he grew up? Gee-ima-tree

No comments: