Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baking Cookies

Some old traditions need to be repeated and remembered and baking Christmas cookies is one of them. Saturday Sharen and Mom came over to bake some Christmas cookies and spend some time together laughing and telling stories in my kitchen.
Sharen and I had made the dough for 2 kinds of cookies each on Friday so we were ready to bake. We both own Kitcheaides so it was very easy. I did miss using my old fashion mixing bowls though. I have 12 of them.
Mom's favorite cookie is 7 layer so she brought the mixing for it and that was the first pan of cookies in the oven. (I had the oven already preheated and ready to go when they got here at 9:00.

Sharen and Mom put the 7 layers together while I mixed the buttercream frosting fot the cutouts and thumb prints.


Carrie and Mathew showed up and we quickly put her to work.


Mike does what he does best and played trucks with the little one. Matthew loved all the trucks we had.


Cookies went into the oven and out for 2 hours. Some were sent to the garage for cooling down for the frosting - we were all kept pretty busy.

Mom got distracted for a minute - Helllooo Cookies! Focus Mother, Focus!


Bryan and Mary showed up and joined in the fun.


When Bryan and Mary were in Cleveland this summmer they visited the house where "A Christmas Story" (one of Bryan's favorite movies) was filmed. They brought me home a cookie cutter in the shape on a leg lamp.
Here it is decorated by Bryan.


Mother and her twins when all was done.


We had a great time together and more memories were made.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Sounds like a great day of cookie making. I wish I were there to sink my chompers into one of those - yum!