Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ceiling

We had our basement ceiling crash last May and have been without some of the tiles since then. I pointed out to Mike it would make a great winter project to get a new one up.
Mike got to work with help from his son and hung the braces. Some more help from the master electrician, brother-in-law Bill, who helped with all the electrical work (OK maybe Mike helped him with the electric). We now have switches at the bottom of the stairs and lights recessed in the ceiling to make the basement bright.

Mike and Bill hard at work.






A couple more days of fitting tiles and finishing the light fixtures the ceiling is done.

Mike let me choose the pattern. This one was a easy choice for me - I think it looks like a quilt.



The basement is very inviting now even to me and I NEVER go down there.

No comments: