Monday, December 14, 2009

Wedding Planning Part I

I'm not sure how many trips there will be before August 14, 2010, but I'm hoping LOTS!
We had a great time on our first trip down to the Murphey's for some wedding planning. Lloyd and Maryellen were gracious hosts and opened their loving home full of family pictures to Mike and me.

We drove down on Friday and stayed with the Murphey's that night. Saturday morning after a wonderful breakfast Mary, her Mother and ME (I was so excited to be included) head out to a list of bridal shops to find the perfect wedding dress.
I promised my niece Carrie that I was going to be the perfect mother-in-law so I started out just standing back and taking pictures. That of course didn't last long and I was bringing dresses to Mary to try on. She looked amazing in them all - and I'm not just saying that - even a Mother of one of the other girls said so too.
Maryellen said very little. I'm pretty sure the whole experience was overwhelming for her.
I was going to post a picture right here, but she hasn't decided on THE dress and I didn't want to spoil it just in case.

Saturday afternoon we tasted the food at the banquet hall.


After deciding on a number for the reception Mary and Bryan signed on the dotted line, gave them a deposit, and booked the hall.


Mike and I stayed at the Days Inn across the street on Saturday night to check out the accommodations for the outa towners and then blocked some rooms for that weekend.

We met up with the Murphey's again at the church where Bryan and Mary will be married for mass Sunday morning. Mike and I both liked the church.

The girls headed out to David's Bridal to see more dresses. I wanted to see the dresses that Mary had tried on before and liked. So many decisions. Small Straps? Strapless? Halter? Silk? Taffeta? Satin? Lace? Plain? Beads? Empire waist? Mermaid? No Train? Cathedral Train? Long Veil? Lace Vail? Blush Vail? Full slip? Not to mention the colors. Ivory? Buff? Cream? Pearl? White? Yow!!!!

I told her the dress that she wants to leave on or the one that she wants to try on, again and again, is THE dress and I can't wait to find out which one she chooses.

2 comments:

Mich said...

Sounds like a fun AND productive weekend. Awesome!

c_reuter said...

August 14th is official? I wasn't aware a date had been set.