Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meet the Hawks

With our tickets in hand, and a beautiful sunny day in St. Louis, Mike and I head down to scope out the down town area. Mike makes a few circles around the Center and scopes out where to park and our exit after the game is over.
We found a parking spot on a main street and walk on over to Busch stadium. It looks like a really awesome place to watch baseball with the playing field below ground level. Everything was a buzz with the workers sprucing up the place for opening day.

We are just wandering around the area and stumble on Hawks fans standing outside the Westin Hotel. Must be where they are staying!
I didn't have anything to do, so I got behind a rope and waited. Mike he went to feed the meter.

The wait worth it? I think so!
The coach was the first one out. Mike wasn't back from the car yet and I didn't have anything for him to sign so I just shook his hand and wished him luck.

Then the players started filing out. Mike got back and I grabbed his hat. I wasn't sure what to do wave the hat at them to sign or snap their picture. I took a few pictures, but really wanted some autographs.
I got Kane and Hossa on Mike's hat.

I always thought that it looked strange with grown men and women with Toews and Kane hockey sweaters on. Those boys are old enough to be my sons. I'm thinking a Hull, Miketa, or Esposito would be more fitting. I changed my mind. Patrick Kane signed everything that was waved in his face and posed for pictures with fans. HIS sweater I would wear.
We go back to the car to a parking ticket. WTF! The meter had 18 minutes on it. No Parking between 4-6. Opps! so we just paid $25 for a couple Hawks autographs.

The game -
I haven't been to a hockey game in like forever. I forgot how cold it is. i grab a beer and Mike gets a Pepsi and we settle in for the warm ups.
US at the glass.

I got us seats in the 8th row. View from our seats.

Niemi in action.

We had a great time - The only bad thing was the score.
Mike can still amaze me with his photographic "map" memory and we were out of there in record time.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Definitely worth the parking ticket huh? How very cool. Looks like STL treated you guys well and you had a great time - well deserved!!