Friday, April 9, 2010

I want Ice Cream

Mother called me and asked if I would take her to the grocery store to get a few things. I said Sure.
I get to Mom's and the first thing we do is go over her list and coupons.
Mother's eye sight is not so good (OK family stop laughing - her eye sight is horrible) and her handwriting is suspect. She is 87 years old after all.

me - "What is this? Dr. Pepper?"
Mom - "No, I hate Dr. Pepper."
It was green pepper spelled gr pepper.

me - "Kitchen Towels?"
Mom - " Oh yeah, the paper kind"
That would be Bounty.

me - "Cookies, Does Linda know?"
Mom - "Yes, it's OK."
I know it's far from Ok, but I wasn't going to fight that fight.

me - laughing "Mom, do you want ice cream?"
Mom - "Yes, Yes, I need my ice cream."

No kidding it's on the list 4 times.

No comments: