Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mary is Showered

The first of the wedding festivities was Friday night.
To say that I was excited would be more than true.
After the quilt show I got home got cleaned up and started to wrap the gifts, hoping that Mary will like them (You never can tell with homemade gifts). I bought cookies cutters to tie on the present with ribbon, but they were too sharp for the ribbon I had, so I head on over to Walgreens to buy some stronger stuff and see that the parking lot at the Sears Center is "not full". With this rebate thing going on, Mike and I decide to stop in and get a new dishwasher. OK I decided, but Mike was with me so he went too. 20 minutes later we have a new stainless steel dishwasher to be installed later in May.

Get home, wrap the gifts, grab the champagne, make sure I have the article that was in our paper with Mary's byline and head out the door with out my camera. NO pictures - what kind of Mother-in-law will I be. Michelle, Mary Ellen, and Nancy promised me some pictures.

I wasn't surprised by all the friends of Mary's that came.
I wasn't surprised by the good food and the array of drinks available.
I wasn't surprised by the awesome presents she opened.
I wasn't surprised by all the kind words that were said to and about Mary.

What I was surprised by was
The way I felt, when I realized that these presents were for Bryan too.
The fact that these girls were friends of Bryan's too.
The warm comments made to me about the great guy my Bryan is.
And just how emotional this summer is going to be for me.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Bryan and Mary are two people worth saying a looootttt of great things about...and yes, this is going to be a very emotional summer for you! BUT, it is also going to be incredibly FUN!

Just posted my pics to Shutterfly - I can email them to you as well.