Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mower

It's been a year since I was released from my duties at the paper. I still have some duties here at home. I'm not sure when I considered myself the keeper of the yard, but I would spend my Friday's off riding around on Mike's tractor mowing.

Every Friday's, I would get my house work started and then get out and pick up sticks and mow the lawn, so Mike wouldn't have to worry about it over the weekend. I would put my ipod on and spend a mindless hour riding around the yard making sure I had straight lines that Roger Bossard would be proud of.

Now we both have every day off with plenty of time to do what we want. I still do all the planting and weeding of the flower beds, but my mowing duty has been turned back over to Mike.
Even though the weather in Chicago yesterday was 48, out in the burbs the temperature was 68 and sunny, a beautiful day to mow the lawns. Yes, I said lawns with a "s". Mike not only mowed our lawn, but with the neighbors still in FL he mowed theirs too. I admit I was a bit jealous.
Picking up the sticks










Mowing the neighbors side yard

No comments: