Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthdays

My step kids, Brian ans Stacy, have birthdays 4 days apart. May 15 and the 19th.
I asked them what they wanted to do to celebrate and they both decided, just to sit in our backyard and not DO or worry about anything.
No Kids, No husband just the four of us.
I totally get it, we all have birthdays like that - just get them over with and move on - and so that is just what we did. I joked to Mike that it was our weekend with the kids, just like growing up.
We put a ham on the grill - I made my corn and potatoes, and of course cupcakes.
There was no candles, no singing (though Mike tried) and no pictures.
Since there was no pictures I dug out this one from 90'
That was the year of the Simpson cakes. I made them for Andy and Bryan too. Also that year I took Stacy and my other "I'll be your daughter, when you need one" daughter, Carrie, to the New Kids on the Block Concert for their birthdays. That was such a good time, that I even caught myself screaming along with the girls.

1 comment:

Zierk Fam said...

Oh my God! I totally remember that night. I think I still have my picture of our FANTASTIC hair styles for the evening. Got to love those mile high bangs!