Monday, May 3, 2010

Softball has Started

Mike's traveling team always start their season with a trip the first weekend in May to Indy. This is Mike's 5th time and my first.
We take rt.47 down to catch 74 to avoid all the traffic construction in the city. I was amazed by all the windmills going up. WOW! There must have been 300. I was fascinated by them all moving.
About now I would post a picture, but I forgot the camer again. Though I did spend the whole weekend just looking at things I would take pictures of instead of HAVING to get a picture. Two of Mike's teammates even commented on me NOT taking any pictures.
We had dinner Friday night with Mike's sisters kid Bruce and his wife Monica. I was telling them about the windmills and she has a brother who is a "green" engineer and is involved with them in west Texas.

It rained all night Friday night and Mike got the call that all games would be pushed back on Saturday. Of course the first thing he does is turned the TV on and there doing the weather is a guy from Elgin. Randy attended Elgin High when I worked there and he went all through school and played baseball with Dup.
I get "The Star" paper and glance at the listings of the Contacts and there is a girl I worked with at the CN doing online marketing for the paper.
Small world!

Mike's team played 4 games on Saturday and won the first three easily. I think the guys just wore down the last game. His team did pick up some new young (50 yr olds) blood and they were so much fun to watch. Being in the crowd I got to hear other teams talk and they said that this year Mike's team should be the team to beat. I just smile, I think that every year!!!

The best part of the weekend happened Saturday night. This ballpark is surrounded by an abandoned golf course I know very sad. The good part is that there are golf signs everywhere. I was particularly interested in one that said Watch for Golfers beyond this point. It was hanging on the end of a fence in the parking lot. Mike parked the car with the back facing the sign all ready to fall into the trunk. :)
It was screwed on too tight to not make alot of fuss getting in down. Damn!
I took a walk down the cart path and found my next golf sign.

Mike's last game finished at 10:30pm so under cover of darkness this is what I got from my weekend in Indy.


I have signs in my golf garden from Illinois, Wisconsin, Arizona, North Carolina, South Carolina, and now Indiana.

No comments: