Monday, May 24, 2010

Where's the Pumpkin?

I really do not know - I have been searching for can pumpkin for months now and still cannot find it. I need my pumpkin fix and pumpkin pie spice is just not cutting it anymore. There is no pumpkin in my oatmeal, my protein shakes, my muffins, my bread or even in my ice cream. NONE!

I have looked at my grocery store, Mom's grocery store, Kroger's when we visited Indy, the Fresh markets, the health food stores, I have even checked the convenient store at the gas stations when I get gas. I put it on the top of my list when Mike goes to the store - he too is now looking everywhere for me.

NO PUMPKIN!!!
This morning I thought my heart was going to stop, I peeked down the can pie filling aisle and there was NO empty space where the pumpkin should be. I run down the aisle with a big grin on my face.
Alas, I will get my pumpkin.

No such luck - it was strawberry pie filling - turns out That strawberries are in season.
I want my pumpkin.

3 comments:

Mich said...

My aunt was just telling me that she has to buy pumpkin to give to her dog with her medicine (I know, sounds crazy) BUT she said that she just got pumpkin last week at Whole Foods.

c_reuter said...

This is Cheryl--- I will check at Aldi on my next visit. They usually have it.

c_reuter said...

There is no pumpkin because anything pumkin flavor is disgusting. WAKE UP!