Friday, September 24, 2010

Shhhhhh...

Don't tell Kaylyn but Grandma is having a reeeeeally good time making her Christmas presents.

I am tired of just making quilts. Don't get me wrong I love to do it, especially wedding quilts that I get to not only make, but design too. I love it when the colors come together.

BUT, I love the little projects. I just finished a baby quilt for Linda for a present. I made Mary enough potholders (one for each holiday) to last her a while.
The aprons I made Mary were such a big hit with the Dupplers I made some for them too.
I have been looking for something different and I think I just found my calling.
DOLL CLOTHES.
I saw a book of summer clothes for 18" dolls (American girl size) on sale online and ordered it. I am having so much fun I just ordered the winter clothes book too. I can't wait to try a fur coat or a wool coat with a fur collar.
I love that I don't have to break the bank with buying material. I love that I can use my scraps (Yes, I save all of mine and also collect some from others - Thanks, sisters). I love that it takes me a small amount of time to finish one project.
A friend asked me to make some for her grand daughter too so I am not only making clothes, I am making money - Having fun - who knew?

I hope that Kaylyn has as much fun playing with the clothes as Grandma Karen is having making them.
I am planning on making her a dress to match the one she wore in Bryan and Mary's wedding. Do little girls like to wear matching outfits with their dolls? Because I am in the process of making matching pajamas.

Sneak Peek of 2 summer outfits:

No comments: