Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Will That be All?

It's no secret that my husband loves corn. I enjoy an ear of Klein's once in awhile too. Now that it is in season we eat it a lot.

I stop there at least once a week and get us corn. 4 ears - 2 for him and 2 for me.

Last week when I stopped there the clerk asked me "Will that be all?" I said yes!

A lady behind me asked for 7 dozen. What? I said to the clerk she must be having a picnic?

"Either that or she is freezing it."

AHA Moment! As much corn as Mike's eats and how much he loves it Why am I not freezing Klein's corn?

So when Mike headed over to Klein's on Sunday to get corn to go with the steaks after the Bears game (the boys Bryan and Brian were coming over) I asked him to get me 2 dozen more.

I had the 2 dozen cleaned and cut in no time so I am headed back for some more. I'm going to be the one asking for the 7 dozen this time.





As I was cutting the corn off the cobs I was thinking how great this would taste in my Nebraska corn and Mike's corn chowder this winter.

1 comment:

Mich said...

This reminds me of a time when Clint Funk ate a pound of corn before going out one night. I don't advise that tactic - it didn't end well for him.

BUT, when can I come over for some of that Nebraska Corn? :)