Friday, October 28, 2011

Landscapers

Why do older people think that throwing down weed control paper and rocks is landscaping?

When Mike and I moved into Shady the house was surrounded by rocks - under evergreens (which has since been pulled out), and completely surrounding the house 3 feet out. Granted they were landscape rocks and very pretty but Come-on.
I finally got the house surrounded with pretty perennials with a few annuals thrown in.

Bryan and Mary bought their house from an older lady and guess what? Landscaped with paper and rocks. So Mike and I headed into they city to remedy the situation .

Removing the rocks. Bryan and Mary now have about 38 buckets full of rocks along side their garage.


Rocks and rotten weed paper removed. We left the lights, because we were told to. I planted low flowering plants so they can get some light into their basement. I also left a spot for a climbing plant around the corner.


Me planting the bulbs. 102 tulips and daffodils scattered in a row. I don't usually plant them this way - I like to bunch them, but I wanted to leave some space for Mary to plant flowering annuals next spring. And you know what if she doesn't like it this way we dig them and change it for next year. I also told her if there is any plant she doesn't want we can removed them and change them up too - But I refuse to put down rocks!

No comments: