Saturday, October 8, 2011

Perfect Fall Day with NO School

I took Dylan and Kaylyn to get some pumpkins. Logan stayed back in Genoa with a football friend. Dylan wanted the big ones - "if you can lift it, you can have it". He found a smaller and cheaper one.


Kaylyn of course couldn't find the right one. The hay racks full of pumpkins were too tall for her to see them.


So with a boost She found the perfect one in the middle of the pile.

Brian was there to help me tie my corn stalks on top of the car instead of loading them into the back. Yay - a clean car. I got some yummy squash too.



When we got home the kids wanted to  play in the leaves in the back yard.
Dylan won for catching the most fallin leaves. Wow, is that a workout - I caught nothing, Nada. I could not keep up with one falling leave.

They each raked a pile to play in.

Dylan ran and Oh Yeah MISSED his stack. Way too much fun.


Then I told them how Grandma and Aunt Sharen used to spend their time "playing" in the leaves.
 I got out the magnifying glass and taught them how to burn the leaves using the sun. Dylan was a natural and even Kaylyn with a little patience got one to burn.

1 comment:

Zierk Fam said...

Umm...careful with that magnifying glass trick. Grandma might remember a few Jon and I ruined/melted after she taught us that same trick.