Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SC Trip

When the invitation came for Leslie's wedding Mike and I decided we just had to go. We both are big fans of The TV show "American Pickers" so I suggested we stop in Nashville to visit their store there. And really a night in Nashville is fun anytime. There was so much stuff there that we saw on TV - One of my favorites was this red arrow from the Rt 66 episode.
The place is not easy to find and it is really not very big, but I am so glad we stopped there.
After a night in Nashville it was on to Clemson, SC. We got there Thursday afternoon and met up with Vicki and Bill for dinner. Dave came by the hotel to drop off openers for the gate (they live in a gated community), because we had a tee time for 8:00 Friday morning.
We had all of Leslie's shower gift from the shower up here so he took all of that and the wedding quilt I had made them back to their house with him.

When Leslie was here for her shower I asked her what her favorite colors were. "I don't really have one." OK - (seriously who doesn't have a favorite color or even a color group). Mary told me she likes pastels. Yikes, I am so not a pastel person. Now I have to figure out what colors to use for her quilt.
I looked again at her engagement pictures and decided to go with traditional fabrics in flowers. I get it all made and I put it on to the rack to quilt and doubt sets in. I took it to Mom's and showed her, Linda and Deanna and they all liked it.
Leslie's is going to like it, I just know it... Then I think of my sister - Some how HER opinion means more to me than Leslie's does. I guess I still want my older sisters approval. I don't know why.

I wasn't around when they opened their gift, but I guess they both liked it, because when I saw them Friday night Leslie hugged me real hard and told me how much it meant to her and Mary told me they both cried. Whew!!! Leslie and David with their quilt.

Friday morning we get up early and grab some of the free breakfast and head on over to Mary and Dave's country club for some golf. The course was dog legs and hills and water and sand and trees and beers. My foursome.

The wedding on Saturday wasn't until 4 so Mike and I decided to go check out one of the waterfalls that Mary and Dave talk about. We hiked a few trails there and decided that we needed to walk some more at the Clemson Botanical Gardens.

  The wedding was at an old church. It was really, really lovely. Leslie was beautiful dressed in all lace and Mary was the perfect mother of the bride.
The reception was at the Country Club and there was no complaints - All Good!
It was a wonderful time and Mary and Dave were awesome hosts.

Sister Picture - I think that was the first time Mary sat down all day except for the ceremony of course.
There are more pictures on my shutterfly and I took a short video of Leslie and David dancing. I really liked the song they chosed.

No comments: