Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yard Crashers

Stacy asked for some help with her backyard and getting her pool up and running.
It has an amazing patio with a planter around the perimeter. problem with that is... The planter stood between the patio and the pool.

We spent the day on  Wednesday working on a few things. Mike and Brian cut down a dead evergreen tree and moved some patio bricks from the front yard to around the pool. Stacy dug up some plants and weeds. I moved some plants and laid patio bricks between her 2 patios.

Stacy didn't know what to do with the planter, that is now empty. I am not too proud of what I told her - and I choked on the words coming out of my mouth, but I told her Gulp! Gasp! Fill it with stones. It really was the best solution for the kids and the dog running through the yard.

Bryan and Mary had some stones from their front garden so I told her that I would make a call and we could maybe pick some up on Thursday.

In the mean time Kaylyn and I had an idea to plant some flowers for Mary for her birthday.
Kaylyn spent the night on Wednesday. Her and Mike made some breakfast.
Kaylyn concentrated on making the perfect card.
We stopped at the Home Depot and got "blue" flowers, because Kaylyn knew that that was Mary's favorite color. All was carefully planned except for the rain. We couldn't help that. We didn't get any stones. Despite the pouring rain and the muuuuuddddy garden and with Mikes help (he dug the holes) I got the plants in and we left Kaylyn's card on her kitchen table.
 Mary called when she got home and she loves it. OH, Sweet Mary, you are soooo worth it!!!

1 comment:

Roger Flory said...

thanks so much! the yard looks awesome! and so does kaylyn's card!