Thursday, July 11, 2013

Barn Quilt Blocks

When we were on vacation traveling through the east I couldn't help but notice the occasional barn with a quilt block painted on it. Is there a quilter living in that house?

I was fascinated about the stories behind them and thought I want one of those. Of course I do not have a barn, but I thought maybe on the shed in the back. Just didn't look right there, so I forgot about it. Kinda.

One went up on a barn right around the corner from us and my interest got renewed.
So!

I drew the pattern I wanted. Mike cut it into pieces. I painted it the colors I wanted and mounted it on a piece of plywood.

And now everyone who drives by our house (which isn't too many, besides the neighbors - gotta love a dead end street) will see that a Quilter lives here.




No comments: