Monday, September 28, 2020

Furnace and Air

 A chipmunk got into our furnace thru the exhaust pipe on the outside of our house, about 5 years ago. Our friend, Vince came over took it all apart and found the bugger wrapped around the blower motor. The furnace has not run the same since. It was loud and wouldn't run right. I hated it and hated complaining about it even more. I'm sure Mike was tired of me too.

I ran into Vince at his son's graduation party this summer (His son is one of Logan's good friends) and asked if he knew anyone who did side jobs. He was slightly insulted and said he would take care of me.

We made a date to get it replaced after his summer rush was over.

Well, I got me a new furnace and air this weekend. Logan has been working with Vince for a few months now and came along to help.

Vince, My Furnace Guy


The old furnace was over sized for the house and had a cracked heat exchanger. I'm so glad we "know someone" to take care of this for us. He got me a deluxe filter and a house humidifier too. 

While Vince was doing the inside stuff, Logan worked on the air conditioning unit outside. He's been doing this job a few months now and seemed to me to know that part of the job.


He doesn't get to work with Vince too much on the job, but he gets what he knows how to do done, and asks questions when he's not quiet sure and Vince was very patient and taught him the way. It was interesting to watch.

I went thru ComEd and got a new WiFi thermostat that Logan also installed. 

Now all we need is a cold day to try this sucker out. I can't wait to have a semi dust free house and a night that I won't wake up with the noise of the furnace turning on.

Maybe next summer I will think about using the new air conditioner. Maybe!

No comments: