Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Down Tree

When your only opportunity of getting out is to sit on the front deck and wave at the walkers passing by, you notice things. I see that the crab apple tree along the driveway is past it's prime and needs to be put down.
The neighbors were having their trees trimmed out by our tree guy, Lucio. When they were just finishing up I went over and asked him how much to cut down our tree. He told me $150 if they did it right then and there or $200 if they had to come back. He told me it would only take them 15 minutes. I said go for it, but I was going to time him.
First Branch went down in 3 minutes

Tree fell at the 8 minute mark

Notice there were 6 guys there for a quick clean up
Gone in 17 minutes
I gave him $10 for the overtime. Thing was I only had $20's, but he didn't know that.
He blamed the extra time on the neighbor - They wanted the wood from the trunk for splitting.

No comments: