Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Coach Zierk



The signs of aging is just not with your body. It means the people around you grow up too.
My niece Carrie is the cheerleading coach for the "Burlington Comets". These young girls all look up to her for guidance. What happen to the little girl that used to ride along with me in my little blue truck, moving signs, and singing "You are my Sunshine"? She has turned into a middle school English teacher that these kids all affectionately call Mrs. "Z".
Sharen and I faced the weather and wandered out to Burlington to watch Carrie's girls perform. She then took us down to her see her classroom. It was obvious to me that she LOVES her job and how proud she is of her students. I can see that she is the type of teacher who is going to make a difference in these kids lives and one they will remember. My favorite middle school teacher would have to be Mr. Krultz, my 7th grade art teacher.

No comments: