Monday, March 17, 2008

The Ides of March

Who would a thought a country girl like me would enjoy a oldies rock and roll concert. WOW! Mike and I went down the the Hemmens and saw the Ides of March. These guys have been singing together for 44 years. We had 1st row seats (compliments of the Courier News), but I think I would of enjoyed these guys from the balcony. Jim Peterik the head singer had spent some time with the 80's group Survivor, so it was like two concerts in one. He was wearing parachute pants.... His guitar (he changed guitars 6 times) medley was to "Eye of the Tiger" and he ventured out into the audience. The other seats from the CN were empty so he sat down next to us. He smelled pretty good too, for sweating like he was. The horn player (my favorite part) after the second encore wanted to know if all us fifty year olds have curfews. LOL.
When we got home I was just unwinding and Bryan calls.(11:30) Wants to know a IOM song. Huh? How did he know we were at their concert tonight? He didn't. Coincident.
Spent Sunday downloading some of their songs on itunes. "Vehicle" "LA Goodbye" "Hold on to the night" "The search is over". It was a great night!

No comments: