Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Mom is 85 today


Mike and I went to visit with Mom this morning. I made her this sweatshirt jacket that she has on. It matches the fleece pants I made her for Christmas.

We visited with Mom and Deanna while Linda is in the kitchen making Mom her favorite "birthday dinner" Ham, scalloped potatoes and cream corn. YUM..
I had said something and Linda and Deanna both laughed and Linda says "You are your Mother's daughter". What a compliment. Whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I would always say My Mother.
My Mom taught me how to be a great cook and enjoy the time in the kitchen. I love to bake and cook.
My Mom taught me that supper time was a time to sit down with the whole family and be together. You better have a good reason to not be there.
My Mom taught me how to handle money. If you have 3 nickels, save 2 and spend one. If you want something bad - it's worth saving for. (It seemed like forever to save for that tandem bike that Sharen and I wanted)
My Mom taught me that Saturday mornings is cleaning day. She always cleaned wearing a house dress. (Do they even make them anymore).
My Mom taught me to accept life as it comes. You play the cards your dealt and that everything happens for a reason.
Most important My Mom taught me how to love. I love you, Mom!

No comments: