Friday, April 4, 2008

55 Yr Old Movers

I'm one of the lucky ones I do not get sick. I have seen first hand at home and at work how the flu this year can knock you on your butt. Mom caught the flu. She was REALLY sick and weak. She decides that she want the "lift" chair that Dup's mother had. Sharen and I decide that we can move this sucker by ourselves. It didn't look too big, but it won't fit through the bedroom door (fatty, fatty 2X4 was going through my head). We tried, it wasn't going - we have to remove the door. Got the door off and the chair out of the bedroom. It was heavy!!! Must of been the motor. Got it outside and Nope won't fit in the SRX. After much talk and measuring (yes I have a measuring tape in my purse - I don't leave home without it). We laid it on it's side and it fit. I think there is room for that small kitchen table and chairs for Bryan. YES! They fit too. Head over to Mom's. We get her old chair downstairs and move her new one in place. She was having a time trying it out. Way funny!
Sharen and I had a good laugh at ourselves - 10 years ago we would of have moved the chairs and had been on our second beer by the time it took us now.
Note to Bryan - I'll paint, I'll clean, I'll sew drapes, pillow, I'll unpack or even pack, but I'm not going to move anything. :)

No comments: