Thursday, April 3, 2008

Describe Funk

I'm sitting in a Sales Meeting and we have the new sales person for the Internet trying to sell the idea of advertising online. He is talking about who is reading the paper and what kind of Advertisers they are looking for. Usually by now I'm zoning out and thinking of the deadlines that I'm missing.
A sales rep asked him who is subscribing to the e-mail newsletter. All I can hear is Andy telling me that over 80% of young professionals that have a computer are reading their news online. So the guy asks if anyone knows anyone who subscribes to the Sun Times online. I'm pissed that they are dismissing this so fast so I raise my hand. I'm not sure that Clint Funk is a subscriber but he has the link on his blog so I said Yeah, I do. They all look at me like Really!!! He told me to "Describe what kinda of person he is."
He's tall (What did I say that for - of course, that is the first thing that popped into my head -like that makes him a candidate for being a subscriber) He's 30 years old. He lives in the city. He works downtown. He's a smart professional. He's a Republican who likes to talk politics and he's a huge Sox fan.
So, If I have offended you Clint, I sorry! But I got my point across!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

30! That was a many years ago for him!

Cletus Van Dam said...

Except for the smart thing and the age (as noted by "toolio"), you have me down, more or less.

I'm not sure what being a subscriber means, but I do read it every day. I'm glad you were able to speak authoritatively on the subject in the meeting. That's always fun for me, as I usually just try to keep my fool mouth shut.

c_reuter said...

I also get the S-T sent to my email everyday for those mornings when my paper may not be delivered.