Monday, April 28, 2008

Bryan's Moving!!

My Internet is up and running again. Yipee!
Thursday:
Bryan's move starts on Thursday with the closing. He comes out to Elgin to get some stuff.
We head out for dinner to celebrate, Mike had his last week of bowling. Bryan wants to go back to Shady and put a second coat on the bedroom furniture - Me, I want to stay and drink some more draft beers I already spent 2 nights sanding and painting the first coat.


Bryan wins - Here are the before and after pictures. Bryan was concentrating so hard on painting he didn't realize that he was tipping the small paint tray all over the floor. I laughed.

Friday:
The next day the weather looks like it's going to hold off so we load up the little red truck (Mike pointed out to me that I had the Mileage wrong - It only has 19,000 miles on it) put the mattress on top, fill Bryan's car, and my caddy. Everything fit!
Bryan and I take off and leave Mike in the "cash lane". I decide to slow down and let Mike catch up good thing I did the mattresses looked like they were slipping. We make a quick stop at the Oasis to cinch it up and strap it down.
A nice gentleman came by and offered to help tie it down. He worked in a lumber yard when he was younger. "Never lost a load". Mike and Bryan had it under control and we took off again.
I was following Bryan through the city and I swear he was taking a way so I would never find his place again. He had to stop twice for me to catch up. He went through 2 yellow lights. I did NOT! When we stopped I was told "Just do what I do". Huh?


Here are pictures of the front door and the back, where most of the furniture went into the Condo after Mike removed the back door and the screen door.
I love his new place. The building is not new it's 100 year old, but it's new to Bryan. I think he made a good choice. It fits him.
We fill another load from Grace and Mary joins us. Bryan forgot the keys so him and Mary head back to Grace while Mike and I head over to the corner liquor store to get some champagne.
I love the old, huge homes just around the corner from his place.

We are tired by then and go over to a place that had awesome pizza, sorry can't think of the name, and plan out Saturday.

Saturday Morning.
Our 1st stop Sat. morn was Menards to get a 2 step ladder and some shelf paper. I was planning on unpacking his kitchen and miss short arms here could not reach pass the second shelf.
Stop at Grace. Mary had some big items so we offered to take her stuff over to her new place while Bryan and his Dad go to the hardware store. Get her stuff moved and head back to Grace to get some more of Bryans. On the way over to the condo Mike spots the "Diner Grill". One of Mike's favorite shows is "Diners,Drive-ins, and Dives" so we stop in to get a burger. We order and in walks two regulars. I know this because they ordered something that was NOT on the menu. If it was I would of gotten one. A burger with a fried egg on top. NEXT TIME.....
Bryan calls and want to know where we are at. "Meet me at Grace we need to move BOB".
Bob gets moved, the kitchen is unpacked and Mike and I are ready to call it a day. One last stop back to Grace to pick up Bryan's old TV stand and the small frig. Mike checks out the location for "Smoque" another place seen on D,D,& D. It's on the way home so we stop for some of the famous BBQ for take out. The place was BUSY!!!!!

Bryan's moved.....
from here



to here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The diner is legendary! You should have played some King George while you were there! good times!

Cletus Van Dam said...

The Diner! Yes!!! Slingers rule. I need to have one next week after our last week of bowling.

Jessica said...

I can't believe that Grace is finally empty ;( And Smoque is deeelish!!