Monday, April 21, 2008

Signs of Spring

The flowers are bloomin"





And the "Little Red Truck" is out from under the tarp.
This is a picture of Mike's 79' little red Ford Courier truck with 37,000 miles on it. I bought it for him 5 years ago from my neighbor, Tom, over at Kate St. (There are people living there now).
Anyway Tom offered to give me this truck. He was getting old and wasn't using it anymore. I knew how much he treasured this truck and told him that I would feel strange him just giving it to me. He said that he would sell it to me for $100. I told him I wouldn't pay any less than $500. Aren't you supposed to negotiate down - not up? I know Mike thought I had lost it, too.
Mike is like a little kid when he gets to drive his truck. It's a stick shift. The horn toots like a toy horn. I like to drive it too. Everyone stares at the hot lady in the "little red truck". Okay they are looking at the truck, but a girl can dream can't she.

No comments: