Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quilt Show

Twice a year Sharen takes a Friday off and we go the the quilt show. In the fall it is at Pheasant Run, but in the Spring it is at the Rosemont convention center. We get breakfast and head out. Traffic getting off the express to River Rd. was backed up, so I turned into a driver that I hate - Yes! I cut in.
After we get into the show we realize why it's so frikin' crowded - There was a jewelry show going on too. What the hell are they doing here? The quilters were out in force. 24 double aisles of just sewing. Heaven! By now we have figured out the secret to a successful show. We start at the far end and head back.

Every year there is always something new that Sharen and I have to try out. At the fall show I bought a pattern on how to make a quick pillow case. Seriously I can make a pillow case in less than 5 minutes. Here are a couple I made for the birthdays coming up.
Princesses for our little princess Kaylyn and Transformers for our Optimus Prime Logan.

Well this year a couple of booths had rag hooking. I have tons of scraps (I have a hard time throwing out anything). We stop and watch one lady and she wants $42.00 for the "kit". Sharen asks her if she sold just the books and she had some in the car, but not with her. Yeah - what do we look like suckers.

We move on and found this nice lady form CA. who showed us some short cuts AND had books for sale with all the tools we need for $12.00.
We went back to the other booth and whispered to all that were watching that the booth two aisle over was cheaper. I bet she brings some books with her on Sat.


We stopped at a booth that was a "Make it and Take it" to see what they were doing and there was a young lady there from Iowa that showed me how to hitch my thread to itself so my needle won't fall off. She said it's great when your doing binding. Now I have been sewing for a long time and have never seen this I am soooo excited to try it out. After 3 1/2 hours of mingling with the quilters we head on home we our new projects in hand.

1 comment:

Mich said...

I wish I liked/knew how to quilt - sounds right up my alley. Think I will stick to my scrapbooking for know though...