Thursday, July 23, 2009

One of Those Days

I've decided that there are 2 kinds of days when you are not working. The good kind when you actually have something to do- even if it's cleaning out the garage. Then you have the days with absolutely nothing to do.
Wednesday Mike and I found ourselves with nothing to do so we decided to jump in the car and head up to Evanston to see Bryan's place of employment and walk along the lakefront.

When we in SC and planning our trip home through the mountains Dave directed us through the town of Seneca. I was excited because I knew that was where sister Mary worked at the middle school and I wanted to see where she spend her days. Dave thought it was a strange request, but it made perfect sense to me and Mary. We didn't get to go by her school but I got to see the town.

Leapfrog Online (where Bryan works) is nothing liked I pictured it in my mind. I knew it was an old factory for Tinker Toys, but I pictured some big factory style building not this quaint ivy covered place in a residential neighborhood.


After spending the afternoon shopping at the biggest and baddest fabric store, (I'm so taking Sharen back with me), Vogue it was 4 stores in one, and taking a long walk along the lakefront and through the pricey neighborhoods of Evanston we met up with Bryan for a tour of the inside of his place after he got off of work. Now when I IM with Bryan I can picture him at his desk.


Bryan's Mary (not sister Mary) drove up from Chicago and we had a very nice BBQ dinner at Merle's.

Our nothing to do day turned out pretty good after all.

No comments: