Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mary and Dave

After dropping the Dupplers off at the airport we head to downtown Myrtle Beach for our ocean fix. (we were staying on a golf course).
The downtown was deserted and so depressing. The economy has certainly hit this ocean town. We had to do our shopping out on Highway 17 because my favorite shop downtown was boarded up.
Mike and I had no time table to be home so we decided to drive up to see my sister Mary and her husband Dave on our way home from Pawleys. They moved down to Salem, SC three years ago and this is our first opportunity to visit.
Mike, Me, Mary,Dave
We stopped at this Clemson bar to have a bite to eat.

They gave us the tour of the campus and then a boat ride on their beautiful lake.

I called their home the Tree House because it is up a hill with a winding drive into the trees.

I was so happy to finally see where my sister is living and that she fits. I know that we will be visiting them again soon.

Mike and I took the scenic ride home through the smokey mountains and was really glad that we had the time to do it. I could get used to vacations with no clocks. (unless for tee times of course)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Mary and Dave's house. I was also really impressed with Clemson. Small school feel but still a big name.