Thursday, July 2, 2009

5 Years Later

When we packed up to move here I thought that I needed everything in them boxes. That was 5 years ago today.
As I descended down into the storage in the basement I could hear my sister Vicki's voice. "Really if you haven't used it or missed it in 5 years - do you really need it?" Those were her words when she moved out to Hampshire and was dealing with all the boxes in her basement on Devonshire.

So I had every intention to just take the boxes out to the curb and not open them. The ones that I had labeled Baseball cards, Bryan's toys, and Mom's dishes were definitely staying, but what about Misc. Hum....

I spent the afternoon looking at old pictures, Bryan's handy work from grade school, his collection of Garbage Pail Kids, my school report cards, class pictures and yearbooks. I found Bryan's "Alf" doll wearing the T-shirt that he wore in his 2 yr old picture.
I'm so glad that I opened them all and looked, because I realized that maybe Vicki was right I don't need them, but I do want them.
Bryan will be happy to know that the only thing that ended up at the curb was some old suitcases that were empty!

No comments: