Monday, June 29, 2009

Hot Softball

Senior Softball this weekend was in Rock island and it was HOT!!! Saturday anyway. Mike's team was on a roll and easily won their first two games. The games were taking a long time to play. The third game was for 3:00, but was called at 4:30 because the storms were a comin'


Not too many of the guys were complaining - they were beat down from the heat!

I did get to go out to dinner with 9 guys. We went to a great restaurant and bar that specialized in home made bread sandwiches. Bryan would of loved it the Reuben was as big as the plate. I restrained myself from taking a picture seeing it wasn't mine. I had the club on raisin bread. Yummy.

Rock Island is close enough so 2 of the guys drove over on Sunday morning. I'm not going to say that they lost the games for them, but they did win on Saturday and one of these late comers lost the ball in the sun for the other team to score 2 runs in the seventh inning.
OK - I am going to say it. Next time stay home...

I'm very excited for the next tourney in late July - Nashville.

No comments: