Monday, June 8, 2009

Sr. Softball in South Bend

Mike had is first tourney of the year and I decided to tag along. I like the guys he played with last year. Only trouble was 6 of the guys turned 55 and moved over to the 55 team and were replaced with new players.
Turns out these guys weren't so bad either and were some damn good ball players. One other wife was there so I didn't have to watch the games sitting alone (and I liked her).
The first game they only scored 5 runs the whole game against Kalamazoo. OUCH! The Kalamazoo team was the team in their bracket they needed to beat to win.

When the games counted the team buckled down and scored 57 runs in two games. The first game the Kal team won the toss and took visitors, a little in your face, so the Prime (Mike's team) scored 6 runs in the bottom of the 7th to win 27-26. HA!!!!
The games on Sunday the Kal team had to beat us 2 outa 3. They won the toss again but elected to be home. They learned their lesson. Didn't matter the Prime brought their bats and scored 30 runs and played some really tough defense and whopped some butt. 30-12

Best part - the Hot dogs at the ballpark were 2 die 4.
I took a bunch of picture and of course the one of the winning team. Good thing - I had the only camera!

Here is my collage of the tourney!

No comments: