Monday, June 22, 2009

I Like Weekends like this

Friday - We went to the Moose to get a fish fry and it was like a suitcase on vacation - over packed.
Turns out they were down to 3 numbers for "Lighting". We decide to stay and try our luck for $5000. You get a lighting bingo card (it's about the size of a credit card and has 6 numbers on it). If you win then you get a chance on guessing a number between 1 and 100 for the $5000. They only play 5 games each Friday night. The big money went on the first game. It was split amongst 8 people.
I ran into some old friends who I worked with in the kitchen at Ellis. They are both still with the school district in the kitchens. One is a manager so I asked her if they had any openings. Nope!

Saturday - Got a call Sat. morn. and it turns out they do have openings in the kitchens - 7 for next school year. I'm gonna give it a try. The hours aren't great and the pay sucks, but I loved that job.

In the afternoon we decide to play some golf. Kory wanted to golf with his father and father-in-law and I wanted to see if my shoulder would hold up.


It was a very long day we played the first 4 holes in 2 hours. I kid you not!
The beverage lady went and got the ranger. For some reason I didn't mind the slow play. He stops to tell us to play ready golf so I went up to the ladies tees and CRANKED one out and he clapped and told us he was pretty sure it wasn't us holding anybody up.
Turns out there was a bachelor party and the guys were having fun and getting drunk, just what you're supposed to do.

Sunday - All the kids and grandkids came over for father's Day. Bryan tweaked my resume and helped me to fix each one to suit each jobs.
I cooked Mike a ham on the grill and we had our first sweet corn of the season. We watch some golf. Mike did end up playing Cootie with the grandkids and Kaylyn was the winner.

No comments: