Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun at the Old Ball Park


I hadn't been into a Sox game yet this year so when I saw that the Dodgers would be playing on the south side I had Mike call Bill and see if him and Vicki wanted to catch an afternoon game. Bill had the same idea and already had tickets to take his grandboys. The day was too hot for Vicki and Jeremy opted out so Mike and I went in with Bill and Jack.
The sun was hot sitting in the outfield. But the stand were not full and the slight breeze and the clouds kept it comfortable. We did get rained on twice (Ok, just dripped on) I told Jack it was Uncle Lester spitting down on us from heaven.
Jack forgot a hat so Bill bought him one at the souvenir stand - I say way to go Jack on scoring a new Sox hat.



I tried to watch the game but some bimbo in a blue and orange hat kept getting in my way. Not really, I'm just kidding, she was very nice and a smoker so they were not in their seats that much. She went to Flordia and now lives in Sycamore.

The announcer told the crowd that section 106 row 12 won free ice cream compliment from Edy Ice Cream. Woo Hoo!!!! That's us.
Jack and his grandpa were out taking a "shower" and Jack came back all excited. He knew where our seats were and wanted to know what we won.

They gave the coupons to the next section over. WTF....

I taught Jack the art of "clinking and drinking". If you clink you have to drink! There is no clinking without the drinking. He caught on as quick as his mother.

By the 11 inning Jack was dead dog tired from his game the night before and asked if we could go home. We told him 1 more inning. We heard the roar of the 13th inning from the parking lot. Poor jack was alseep before we hit the expressway.

1 comment:

Mich said...

yay Gators! I was thinking about you guys out there in that heat - nice work making it through 11 innings...I would have been gone in 4!