Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Chapter

I have been without employment now six weeks. I have kept myself pretty busy doing thing I think I should be doing around the house.
Mike has started his retirement and we now find ourselves together again. When people ask Mike what he is going to do he just smiles and says I really don't know. He's taking the summer off to enjoy life and figure out what is next.

One thing we both have figured out for sure is that whatever we will be doing, most of it will be together. I jokingly told his co-workers Friday night that we are going to start dating again.
We'll visit the zoos and museums walk along the lake front and just enjoy each others company exploring new places. I'm sure a few days this summer will be spent on the golf course and riding our bikes. He will play his softball and I'm going fishing, but we realize that we like doing things together still.

Our main goal is to look out for each other so this can last.
I promised that I would help him eat right if he would see that I keep moving (notice I didn't say exercises - Baby steps).
He will carry in my groceries (hate that job) and I will help him mow the lawn. I get the rider. :)
And most important, for our mental health, we will NOT try to watch baseball together -he can watch his Cubs in the basement and I will have my beloved White Sox on in the family room.

No comments: