Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Last Time

The front nine at Elgin's Spartan Meadows Golf Course had been sold to ECC several years ago. On Friday, they are closing the back nine. No More Spartan.

Mike and I went out to play it one last time. We both have fond memories of the place.

We get to the first hole and there is no starter so we just tee it up. The guy comes and finds us to sign for the cart and his radio starts squawking. They need him to go the old spartan side and pick up all the "cart" signs. Mike and I both start laughing. They must of seen me coming. No big deal. I have a few from there already.

The old club house looked abandoned over taken with weeds, but they did have it open for the restrooms.
















I parred the old 12. The sight of Jon's first hole in one.
















They say the new holes at the course are beautiful, but I'm still sadden to see the old place go.

No comments: