Friday, September 23, 2011

Maybe Some Day

With the weather geting cooler I thought it would be a great idea to make a Broncos quilt to take to Logan's games. My problem was finding flannel (can you say WARM!!) that didn't have Denver on it - I just wanted either the horse head logo or just Broncos.

Well after searching the web I found just the right fabric on ebay and ordered it.
The quilt turned out perfect, just what I wanted, so I emailed the lady (I assumed it was a lady with a ebay name of woollymoose, you can never tell) telling her about my grandson who plays for the Broncos and the quilt.

This morning I got an email back that made me laugh.

Hi Karen,

I'm so glad that you're happy with the fabric and that it worked nicely in your quilt! :)
It must be exciting for you to have your grandson playing for the Broncos.  My husband is a former college football linebacker (the Buffalo Bulls) and one of his close friends is a recruiter for the Chicago Bears.  I don't know a thing about who is playing today (I mainly followed the Detroit Lions in the 1980s when I was a kid), but I bet my husband might know who your grandson is.  Do you mind if I ask his name? 

Have fun showing off the quilt on Saturday!
All the best,

Dawn


After I stopped laughing... And Yes, I was tempted to be Tim Tebow's grandmother.

My reply.
Dawn,

You made me smile. The reason I was so excited about your material was because it was the only flannel I found that had just Broncos - not Denver.

See my grandson, Logan, is only 8 and plays for the Genoa, IL Broncos. His team last year won the championship and are on their way to an undefeated season this year.

Maybe some day he will be playing in the big leagues, but we are ALL bears fans so that is our team of choice. So maybe if your friend is still around with the bears in about ten years, he will keep Logan Kribs in his sights. :)

Attached is my grandson suited up for his game and a picture of the quilt in my goal post pattern.

Go Broncos, Karen


This is Logan from last year.

This is the Broncos quilt in my Goal Post pattern.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm, AWESOME QUILT!

Mich said...

Super awesome quilt! And you know what else would be super awesome? If you WERE Tim Tebow's grandmother - oh my.....that might cause some problems in the family though....

Amanda said...

Cute!! -Grandson and the quilt : )