Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Thursday Nights

It's 8:17 on a Thursday night and I sit at home alone watching the Sox play Cleveland on TV.
Usually not that unusual except for the last 27 years on Thursday nights I have been at Bowlway - bowling.
I LOVE the sport of bowling, but my back says enough.
When my average dropped 20 pins and I couldn't bring it back up, I knew it was time. So I hung up my bowling shoes this year.
I gotta admit I miss it already.

I miss meeting up with my teammates. Finding out How their day was at work? How their kids are doing? Just hanging with friend, having a few beers, complaining about life, and fixing whats wrong in our worlds.

I am pretty sure I will get over it eventually, but clearly being home alone, sitting on the couch, having a beer, with only the TV to talk to is not cutting it.

Maybe I should take that beer and get in the hot tub! Yeah - That's the ticket..........

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

Even though your back may balk at you bowling, there is nothing wrong with going out, having a beer, and visiting. The first season not bowling is tough. Gets easier after that. The hot tub will help you. Coaching helped me. Beer helps everyone and everything!