Thursday, September 1, 2011

PGA Golf

I have watched Jon play golf a LOT.
I have watched him play this course 3 years ago without too much success.
The last three days I watched Jon play some of his better golf ever.
The first day he was 2 under after nine and I ran to the car between nines to get my phone to text his progress to his family. I could do this tweeter thing!  The back side I kept them all informed with text updates.
I got Erica's number from Sharen and included her in my texts. After work she checks her phone and has 7 messages from me. She texts back "thanks for keeping me up to date, but who is this?"

Sharen and I made plans for the second day. We were both very nervous, but Jon put our worries to rest with an eagle on the first hole. It was going to be a great day.

One over on day 2 - even par for the tourney. More text to the poor people who had to work. The weather was perfect.....

I got smart for the last day and put all my "text me with updates" people in a group on my phone so one button and they knew it all.

Day three: Jon was a little surprised that we could make it walking another day, and honestly Sharen and I were a little concerned about it too. Our bodies and our feet were saying take it easy on us, but our heads and our hearts were saying suck it up and get moving - You are going to see some great golf.

And that we did - Jon finished the third day even par.

Jon getting up and down 2 holes in a row from the sand. Something I only dream about.


Sharen watching closely. She was very nervous at times.


Jon's caddy on 17 telling him "hey look, you're tired and you've been coming up short take an extra club length and use your same swing, Trust me!"
It worked - Tap in Bird!!!!

Final score board. Tied for sixth and qualifying for the bigger tourney in CA. next June (top ten go) Way to go Jon!


I love the little pictures they put up next to their individual scores.

Jon even made the headlines in our local paper.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Way to go Jon!

Zierk Fam said...

I was a horrible teacher for three days. Every time my phone would buzz, I'd make some excuse for "turn and talk to a partner about that" and run to my phone. So proud of my little brother!!!