Thursday, March 8, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice

If you want to be good at anything, clearly you have to practice.
You also must enjoy what you are doing.
I love everything about quilting.
I love to shop for just the right colors for a quilt.
I love to choose the right pattern.
I love see it all come together cutting and sewing.
And I love sewing the binding on, because I look at it as the frame of the quilt and I get to do it by hand.

I still struggle with getting the batting and back and putting it all together.

I have had this quilt frame for 10 years now.
I have tried numerous times to get it right, only to rip out everything I have done and put the damn thing back in the box. I don't want to ruin what I see as a pretty and some times beautiful quilt top.

BUT having quilt tops sitting around not being used (I now have 4) clearly is a waste of fabric, so I bite the bullet and set the frame up one more time determined to get it right. I stole a corner of Mike's basement and while he was away I practiced and practiced on a spring table topper.



It was not too easy, but it was fun, and I think it's good enough not to rip out. YAY!!!!
I will sew the binding on tonight and put it on my dining room table, cause you know Spring is just around the corner.

No comments: