Saturday, March 3, 2012

All's Quiet

I dropped Mike off at the train station last night right in the heart of the 45 minute snow storm.

It came down fast and really, really wet.
I was counting on a very quiet evening all to myself watching the bulls and the blackhawks win.
Turns out.
It got to be very quiet - the cable was out.
I had a book and a brand new puzzle so I wasn't too worried. Then I remembered that maybe Mike had the DVR set for some shows. Yup he was taping several.

Now what to do?
I called Sharen, Nope, hers was working.
I push the reset button - nothing. I unplug the receiver - nothing.
Being the dutiful and loving wife that I am I called Direct TV.  I talked with David.
Him -"Sorry mam, There must be something blocking your dish."
I go outside and announce to him, "Nope, nothing in the way that I can see."
Him -"Sorry mam, I suggest you wait 24 hours and then call us back and we can set up a service call."

Me - "That doesn't help me tonight when the Bulls and the Blackhawks are both playing and why can't you set up the appointment now?."
Him - "Oh, are you in Chicago I am a huge Bulls fan?"
Me - "Ummm, Ok, Is that going to help me set up an appointment tonight?"
Him - "No Sorry - we have to wait 24 hours."
Me - "OK, I'll call back tomorrow. Go Bulls"
I wasn't too disappointed.
I got my quite evening!

The cable came back on at 1:30 this afternoon.

No comments: