Friday, June 27, 2008

Golf & Dinner

Last night Kory joined Mike & me for some golf. Now Kory has been trying to beat Mike for several years now. He has beaten me a couple times usually when I'm off my game. :)
Last night he could do no wrong. par,par,birdie,bogie,par - Kory is even after 5 holes. What? Don't think about it just keep golfing. He thought too much about it and finished with a 41. Beat Mike's 44 and my 47. Way to go Kory...

At Christmas time I donated some toys at my chiro's office and won a gift card to a new restaurant in town. OnCue Hennessy's (north by the tollway) I found the gift card in my purse and suggested we give it a try after golf. I park my car at the Walmart (no sense us both driving there).
When we get there I noticed the fancy white table clothes the cobalt blue water glasses and thought - we are WAY under dressed, let's eat outside. (Good Idea). As we are walking through the place there was only about 8 or 9 tables taken and NO one was eating. It's 6:30. I was trying to check out the portion sizes.

The place was kinda pricey. It had a wine list that was a novel and a martini list 3 pages. Mike thought about the scallops $28 but got the Walleye $23 and salad $5. I choose the vege wrap $14. I asked the waitress about the fresh fruit. She said The usual watermelon and cantaloupe. I decided on the fries. I don't eat fries, but Mike does and if the fish wasn't enough he could eat my fries. We got our food and it was really tasty and we are thinking OK not too bad.
Then the table next 2 us got their food. (obviously they had been here before). One lady got the fruit. WTF! It was strawberries, blueberries and kiwi I didn't see any melons.
Then the other lady got her grilled scallops. Holy shit they were the size of hockey pucks. The next table just ordered appetizers. The garbage (my name for them not the rest.) nachos were a foot high.
It's a do over, but next time we will wear our sun dresses and dockers and bring our savings so we can have dessert.

No comments: