Monday, June 16, 2008

Hanging with Grandma

Last Saturday was a very busy day for me. My dryer broke so I needed to hang some clothes on the line. I decided that I should probably cut the grass first, so the wet clothes don't pick up all the grass and dirt that was going to fly.
I pick up sticks, cut the grass, hang some clothes, plant some flowers that I got from Sharen, do some weeding.(All before Noon) After the first load of clothes were dry I take them down and was going to hand the next load when we got some visitors.
Brian showed up with the granddaughter Kaylyn.
Brian and Mike were going to finally finished up splitting the last of the tree.
Mike starts the splitter and Kaylyn gets freaked and jumps into my lap. I have to tell ya - it felt good to hold that little girl and to make her feel safe.
While the boys were splitting the wood Kaylyn and I had a big fire burning. Her hair kept getting in her way and she decides that she needs a red binder like Grandmas for her hair.
What? Kaylyn HATES to have anything in her hair. She let me comb her hair and in went the matching binder.
The neighbor Lu was out cutting her lawn so Kaylyn decides that she wants to ride our tractor - She runs to Mike and asks him. Mike told her that it was Grandma's tractor. So here we are riding around the back yard.

It stills amazes me the innocent love that comes from a small child. The feel of their little hand grabbing yours when they want your attention. When she asks you a question and stares at you and then smiles because you have the answer. How she's not afraid to tell me "I love you, Grandma".
How did I get so lucky?

Side note: She can still be a little naughty so don't leave your camera lying around. Here is what I found when I went to download some pictures..


No comments: