Thursday, June 19, 2008

Zip n Steam

If you haven't tried the ziploc zip n steam, go out and get them NOW!
They are pretty pricey but you can reuse these buggers over n over.
Use it up - Wear it out - Make it do - or do without!
I love vegetables so this is no brainer cooking for me. And it's good for me too.
I haven't tried everything that I would like too, but here is my top 12 so far.

12. snow peas
11. onions
10. Fish/shrimp both frozen, I haven't tried fresh yet.
9. Carrots - sad too, cause I love carrots
8. cauliflower
7. zucchini/yellow summer squash
6. cabbage
5. red potatoes
4. broccoli - this is a no brainer
3. Brussels sprouts - frozen
2. Asparagus - cheap and in season right now
1. Spinach - Fresh, I could eat this every meal.

Don't bother with corn on the cob. Not Good.

I can't wait to try fresh green beans and beets when they come in season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These bags do rock! Such a great idea. As for corn on the cob, Michelle has a great trick on heating them in the microwave.