Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Linda's Birthday

My sister Linda turned 60 today.

Surprise 1 -The Courier News has a spot on page three everyday that says "Good Morning to our valued subscriber" and then they pick a name. I arranged it for it to have Linda's name today for her birthday. (Nice to have friends in high places)

Surprise 2 - Last night while Sharen and I were doing our normal walk through the forest preserve we came up with a plan to surprise Linda by decorating her car instead of the house - like the other sisters. We knew she would never expect it.
So I went out and got some balloons and Sharen made a sign and we head on down to her place of employment this morning. She starts work early, but we knew others would see her car.


I ran into a girl I bowl with on Thursday night and asked her to tell Linda what we did only if it looked like rain.

Well - Guess what it not only rained it poured!!! Good Thing Kathy told Linda in time because she got all the decorations inside and had enough to decorate her desk and the lunchroom. Turns out they were having a cookout for her for her birthday!

Here she is at her desk! Happy Birthday sista-binda...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the picture on the internet. I really appreciated everything that was done.