Friday, November 14, 2008

The Down Average

My bowling average has been dropping worse that the stock market. I am now down to 157. (ok-Reuter boys stop laughing). I was resigned to the fact that maybe it was cause I'm getting old and then I think of Dad who bowled into his 70's and maintained a 170 average.
It has to be my shoulder. It has been nagging at me for at least 6 months. So I went to the new immediate care facility (really nice place) right by our house after work yesterday.
After a couple of xrays - my structure was fine, but I have tendinitis and bursitis. Ouch! She gave me prescriptions for pills, patches and with 7 to 10 days with my arm in a sling I should be good as new. I head over to the Walgreens to get my remedies with just enough time to get to bowling.
YES!!! After all that I went bowling. Did you ever feel better just knowing what is wrong, that it's not as bad as you thought and some pills will take care of it? Well that is how I felt and I was convinced knowing all that I would bowl better. 516 last night!!! This morning I'm donating blood so this afternoon I promise I will take the pills, stick on a patch and sit back with my arm in the sling!

3 comments:

Mich said...

You are a riot. The doc says to put your arm in a sling and you head right to bowling. At least you know that it is quickly curable. And nice score by the way!

Unknown said...

I too had a 516.

c_reuter said...

It's okay, I would have went bowling as well. I shot 544 with a 134 the first game. We lost that game by 1 pin. I wasn't happy being under average by 60 pins and causing a team loss, but sometimes I suck. The week before I shot 685 and we sweep the first place team. Go figure.