Friday, December 26, 2008

Dashing through the Snow

Woke up Christmas Eve morning to more snow - It was beautiful!



We had a whirlwind Christmas Eve day with breakfast with the Dup's - Sharen, Dup, Carrie, Dave, Jon and his girlfriend Erica, Mike, Bryan.
After breakfast we went out to Carrie and Dave's and had some friendly competition with SceneIt the movie version. The team of Mike, Carrie, Dave, and Jon were victorious.
Brian, Stacy, Kory and the kids came over that evening. One grandson wanted Mostacolli, the other lasagna, so I made both.
Christmas morning I woke up Bryan to open presents. I put a ham in the oven and Sharen and Dup came down for some eats. Sharen loves ham as much as Mike.
I guess the present this year was a hat.
Dup got a Green Bay Packer Superbowl hat. Mike got a Bears hat and Sharen made me one.


After eating We jumped in the hot tub and shared a bottle of wine. There is nothing like relaxing in a hot tub with steam in our faces and snow all around.
Dup dared me to run to the shed and back - through the snow - in my swimsuit. I told him I would run around the tree. You can't make it around that tree.
THAT sounded like a dare and a challenge. Sharen hops out of the hot tub and we run around the tree in the back yard in our swimsuits through the snow. It was fun and we laughed. Seems the snow was mixed with ice cause when we got back into the house we noticed small cuts and scrapes on our legs. Doesn't matter!
We watched Mama Mia and all enjoyed it. Sharen went home to her book, blankie and a fire, I curled up with the new James Patterson book and Mike and Dup headed out to see a movie. Great Holiday - I realize that I did all the cooking when I look in the frig. Can you say LEFTOVERS!! Bean soup this weekend??!

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

What movie did they see? Which J.P. book are you reading? Details, I need details.